Wednesday 15 September 2010

The Sun's new magazine The Buzz's launch party at Il Botaccio

My first thought: The Sun is getting a magazine? I thought all The Sun was was a 'picture newspaper' with a couple of words unwittingly budged in between. But a Sun magazine?! Oh lordy. What would the content be?! A dot to dot page 3?!

But hey, I was intrigued so I went along to find out more......

Being fashionably late I arrived at the Mayfair venue for the launch about an hour after it had started, to face the end of a long queue. I could just about see that there was an end as every now and then I could see bright lights going off every time some alphabetised-rated celeb walked in. I resided myself to settling in for a good while to patiently wait my turn to enter as a mere guest when a knight in shining armour plucked me out an lead me to the front. My prince charming was an old uni friend-turned gossip columnist-turned freelance journalist. Winner. I got inside, turned round to thank him profusely only to see him walking straight out. That's not how it goes?! But I need not have worried. Him being him he had just clocked Charles Dunstone, chairman of The Carphone Warehouse who was dutifully waiting in the queue without kicking up a fuss to jump to the front. My friend politely alerted the PR team and said man was whisked in like lightening by a slightly embarrassed door team. I had a chuckle. I suggested my friend deserved a reward of a shiny new phone. Can't hurt to ask?!

So on to the party.....Entertainment PR, journalists, business tycoons and randoms (like myself) were quite literally rubbing more than shoulders with celebs such as George Lamb, Vic Reeves, Janice Dickinson, Shane Ward, Barbara Windsor, Cat Cubie and racing driver Ben Collins amongst others, in a very, very packed venue. Champagne, cocktails and canapes flowed despite the mass of guests along with live music and a very popular photo booth to capture guests on the cover of 'Buzz'. Everyone seemed to be having a 'sunny' time. And as with every party, if you are with some good friends, as I was, fun is always had.

So when it was winding down, my thoughts came to the usual: 'I wonder what's in the goody bag'.

 Well for those of you who are interested in what's in a Sun party's goody bag, here it is:
1. A bottle of own branded 'Buzz' perfume by Roja Dova
2. Pot of Wella Shockwaves Styling Putty
3. 2 x pink Wisdon toothbrushes (useful, I needed a new one)
4. Head & shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo (no comment)
5. Champney's Chill & Tone 14 Day Firming Regime (again no comment)
6. Cedarwood state branded watch from Primark (including £1 price tag in tact) (Really?!)
7. Selection of Mula make up: pearl eyeshadow, liquid eye liner, 3x lip glosses
8. Nivea soft moisturising cream
9. Wilkonson Sword Hydro5 razor
10. Selection of men's Nivea for Men minis (2 x deodorant, 3 x moisturiser)
11. 10cl bottle of U'luvka vodka (just what I need after all that champagne!)
12. Barry M Liquid Eye liner
13. M & S cuff links (price tag £5) and sparkly gold trilby (price tag £25)
14. 2 x £50 vouchers off á la carte at Tom Aitkens
And last but certainly not least.....
15. Nestle Milkybar Raisin & Biscuit! (and no, it didn't make it home)

What a genius goody bag! So random and (bar a few items, ie the hat, unless you're that way inclined) so practical! So refreshing from the usual 'lovely' luxury beauty products and make up that never get used and instead get pushed to the back of the cupboard only reappearing once a year when you realise that 'Sh*t, I haven't bought Auntie a present!'.

The only thing missing was the mag itself. But then that is to be kept secret until its release this weekend......

So thank you The Sun, for a fun evening and an unusual goody bag. A may even buy your paper to check out what The Buzz is like. Maybe, just maybe.....


No comments:

Post a Comment