Sunday 19 September 2010

London Fashion Week - Day 3 Pam Hogg

Pam Hogg is not just another show, it is an event in its own right. She has a very loyal fellowship and the crowd clearly personified this. It was eclectic to say the least but also a fun and animated bunch. Not your usual sun glass wearing expressionless wooden dolls.

This was the first time I had seen the collection but I had the gist of what I should expect so i thought nothing could shock me. I was wrong. Model number 1 was a naked female drummer. I had clearly underestimated Pam.

But the outfits surprised me too: think angelic wonder women in white and gold, lady like coats with belt details nodding to sadism and sexual virgin brides. There was style and talent underlying the shock factor. Quite a combo. Impact effect = 10. Add in Daisy Lowe and Alice Dellal as models and you have yourself a winner.

Great vibe, great collection. Pam knows her market and captures it well. Very well. My hat goes off to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment