Friday 17 September 2010

London Fashion Week - Day 1 PPQ

This show is probably one of the most popular shows of LFW. It pulls huge crowds in. People love the brand; it's British and an underdog, not yet an established brand, but very fun and has tapped into a trendy consumer's radar big time. In fact, it has no London retailers as of yet, something I was very surprised to hear of when I previewed the collection a week ago.

I was sat in between Brix Smith-Start and Eliza Doolitle on the FR. I twiddled my thumbs thinking Snow PR had placed me in the wrong seat. I think half of my face was caught in many a picture and video of my neighbours. After 10 mins I accepted that I was in my allocated seat and relaxed. Brix surprised me with her amiability and fun nature and reminded me that I shouldn't judge people on my preconceptions.

The show started and a brightly coloured multi print formed the theme for the first half. Although there were some great shapes I found this print a bit too 80's for my taste, but was eagerly awaiting the second part of the collection which was based on a nautical theme.

It arrived but I was still a little disappointed. The collection has become more commercial but still has a long way to go. So frustrating when PPQ has such an amazing fan fellowship and such potential. It is a brand that we all want to be a succeed. I hope it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment