Friday 1 October 2010

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat

I have acquired this jacket. And I’m not sure how I feel about it! A box of goodies was sent in to us from Something Else, a super Australian label, and of course we all dived in to pick our faves. But this jacket got left behind. And laughed at. It was tried on, we sung the Joseph’s Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat song, chuckled and asked on what occasion could you were it?! Who could wear it?!

Well it’s been sat on my desk for a couple of weeks and I seem to have grown quite attached to it. The sequins have glistened at me and the colours have made me smile. I have defended it protectively when colleagues have come over asking, ‘What is that?! A cushion?!’. As usual the air con was on max in the office despite it being freezing outside, so after glancing at the jacket I viewed it as an extra layer of clothing and popped it on. I announced guiltily that I actually quite liked it. So much so that I wore it for a couple of hours. And then it came home with me. I felt like I was taking the little scruffy puppy that no one wanted at the dog’s home.

I now have to decide if I can pull it off or if I am delusional?! I don’t think it’s going to be a staple item of my wardrobe but it is zshushy! I’m going to give it a go. I love a charity case anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment