Monday 4 October 2010

Cheryl Cole - You have let me down!

I had never watched X factor before. Yes, I can hear your gasps, but it didn’t appeal to me. I had a life. I didn’t need to watch deluded pop star wannabes embarrassing themselves in front of the camera to the hope of achieving their dream of fame. I didn’t get, or join in with the constant gossip in the office of the latest contestant’s performance. It was banal, trivial, beneath me.

And then I was sat down and made to watch Saturday’s final auditions.

It was strangely watchable. There were tears, tantrums and a splattering of talent. It was fun. It made me cringe at times and laugh at others, but I enjoyed it. I would even admit that I was hooked.

Oh god, I had turned to the dark side. Or as a friend kindly corrected me, the light side!

So I tuned back in for Sunday’s results, expecting my favourites Gamu and Kerie to waltz through being by far the most talented of all. They where sure things.

And then Cheryl throws out a curve ball and doesn’t put them through. WTF?! Mouth open wide in shock. I don’t get it?! No seriously, I don’t get it! These were confident, gorgeous, talented singers who clearly had the X factor. They should have walked through hands down.

I liked Cheryl before. Not any more. I can only think she’s deluded. Or afraid of competition as they clearly have far better voices than her.

But then I have heard that the ‘judges’ don’t actually judge at all and the results are all decided by the producers. I hope in a way that this is true because a) Cheryl isn’t such the witch that I now think she is and b) the producers have probably set this up to put Gamu and Kerrie through at a later date. It’s all about drama, suspense and publicity with these shows and last night’s one has definitely got people talking. Actually, it was quite a clever move in hindsight.
Gamu Nhengu


No comments:

Post a Comment